Sunday, November 10, 2013

one hundred years.

Today my grandpa turns one hundred years old. I am so sad to miss his party but I know the family is gathered and he has a big smile on his face because he loves his family. I have looked forward to this birthday for awhile... pictured his face on Willard Scott's smuckers birthday announcements on the Today Show. I am bummed I am not there, but if there is any reason to miss it I guess this is it. I am happy to forever have the memory of the day we met our son linked with the start of grandpa's hundredth year of life. I am excited to introduce them soon. Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

This morning started early here in China. We fell asleep at 8 and both woke up, wide eyed and bushy tailed at 1:30am. We tried to watch TV, but the only thing in English was Jurassic Park. Not a good sleeping movie. We tried reading, listening to a sermon, praying, everything, but nothing seemed to work. Tyler reminded me, "His strength is made perfect in our weakness." I will need to dwell in that today cause I already feel like a zombie.



Our heads our spinning about what lay ahead. Lots of excitement but I have to confess that my heart is pretty heavy for this little guy. Everything in his world is about to change and I cannot imagine how confusing this must be for his little four year old brain. New bed, new food, new people and faces, and add a whole new language to that. Yikes!

In the end, he will have a mom and dad, sisters, and a home. And most importantly a whole lotta love poured on him. We are so excited to meet him and begin our life together. Today there will be one less orphan. Praise God! "Today is the day The Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it."

Since we got up early we headed to the breakfast buffet early for our noodles and coffee. They were yummy. The buffet is good! Thanks to my man for being my model in all these shots. Sorry they are so small. We are working on that but can't quite figure it out. Next time I check in I will be introducing you to our boy!






1 comment:

  1. The party was fun and we missed you lots! Your grandpa had a great time, I think. He was grinning from ear to ear most of the time and even recognized my husband, who, yes, actually came and stayed a while! Wish you guys could have been there, but we were SOOO excited to have your sister tell us all about what was going on. Hugs and happy thoughts to all of you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete